Monday, March 10, 2008

Wildcats - 2008 JBA Champs!

On Saturday, Nathan's team won the tournament for the 5th grade MVP I Division of JBA. This is the most competitive division for his grade and they worked really hard to earn this championship. The team they beat hadn't lost a championship since they started playing together. They are really good and have only lost 4 times in six years and 2 of those losses were to our team this year. The first time our team played them we won, but the second time, they beat us. When we played them Saturday, I was nervous as it could have gone either way, but our players played hard and stepped up their defense and came away with the win! Ryan is the coach and had a good time coaching them. At the little party we had after the game, the assistant coach gave Ryan a really nice compliment. He said he has been an assistant coach for 10 years and Ryan is the best coach he has ever coached with and that he really knows his stuff. That was really nice of him to say and meant a lot to Ryan especially after all the hard work, time, and thought he put into coaching this team. I am so proud of him, especially after I saw first hand the effort he put into it. It was nice to see Ryan's and the teams efforts get rewarded! The towel in this picture has significance. It is kind of funny. The wife of the assistant coach has an embroidery business and she made sweat/rally towels for all of the players with a Wildcat picture and their number on them. During the game, I looked up from recording the game (yes, I was privileged enough to watch the whole game from a 3" screen) to see Nathan trying to get his towel from his dad. Ryan wouldn't let him have it and as I proceeded to watch him, I noticed him wringing the heck out of the towel. When I asked him about it after the game, he said that it was keeping him from yelling at the ref's. It was his stress relief. Next time we will get him his own coaches towel!


On another note, don't you just love my little Karli standing next to the wall as the team was getting their picture taken with their new champion shirts! She loves to be a part of everything!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

That is sooo awesome!! Good Job Ryan and Nathan!! Congrats to you guys...how fun that must have been to become the champs!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! It takes hard work to be the best!
It was fun to see the latest info on your family. Keep up the great blogs, Ann! Love, Beth

Shayla said...

How fun! I can't wait until my boys can play sports! Love the new post, so happy to see you're keeping it up! :)

Ami Bethea said...

Ann!! I am amazed! I love your new blog look, you did a great job. As for your news we of course are so excited for you guys! I personally think it's a boy. I don't know why though. Congrats! We're happy for you guys. And HUGE CONGRATS to NATHAN on winning the championship!!!

An Errand of Angels said...

Congratulations Ryan and Nathan! And Ann - your blog looks fantastic! Great job!! I can't wait to find out the results of your ultrasound. I voted for a boy (only because of the Cook family statistics), but I'm really hoping it's a little sister for Karli!