Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Only in Arizona

I just had to add this! As I was talking with Hunter today, he told me about a couple games they play at school. The first one is "Die of Heat". Of course that is all they think of here in good old AZ. The rules of this game are that you have to stay in the sun. If you go into the shade, you are out of the game. The winner is the person who can stay in the sun the longest. Thus the title "Die of Heat" because that is what happens to the winner. The next game they play is "Camel". In this game, they see who can drink the most water. I thought, well at least they are staying hydrated, but their poor teacher is going to have all these kids asking to go to the bathroom. Ryan did have a good point though. If they play "Die of Heat" they won't have to go because they will have sweat so much. When Hunter told me about these games, I had to laugh. When I shared them with my sister, we both had a good giggle too. Only in Arizona would these be the games that our children invent!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

That's pretty funny that they made those games up. I'll have to ask Davin if they play games like that over here. All I know is there is a love tree over here and if you get near it your supposed to hug whoever else is near the tree...so Davin says he stays very far away from the "Love Tree" hehe

Cookie Mama said...

Hunter cracks me up! I bet he is the reigning champion at both games. I hope they play the heat game and then the water afterwards to cool themselves off. :)

Missy said...

That is funny and sad all at the same time! I drive by my kids at school and see them on the playground and feel sooo bad as I sit in my ice cold air conditioned car...it will cool off soon thank goodness!

How I found you: I was on a blog, Ami Bethea...I don't even know her, but I grew up with the Bethea's...I had seen a while ago that she had a BDAY Countdown on her side bar and I wanted to copy her cute idea and then I saw Cooks, and then Ryan & Ann, and I thought...HMMMM? And it was you. Sorry if that creeped you or Ami out...her blog is adorable.

McMemories said...

wow! only in arizona is right! that is funny!

An Errand of Angels said...

Well...you could move up to Show Low and then Hunter could create winter games in the snow! With the "locust petting zoo" he and Skylar made up here, I knew he was creative!! Love you!

Jamielynn said...

That is so funny. The things kids come up with these days!!! so funny!!!

Bundy 6 Pak said...

Ha-ha, ahh. I love your kids! I told Dean and Kena about the games and they thought Hunter was so ingenious!! They are off spreading the word!

Andrea Hale said...

Hey guys! I just found your blog on Michelle's. I love it! Hope you're all doing well. Love, The Hales

Richard and Tiffany said...

Hi Ann! Your blog is so cute!! I found yours through Andrea's. :) That is actually kind of a scary game to be playing, but funny they thought of it by themselves! :) So yeah, I'm glad you have a blog, I started mine not too long ago too, so that is cool!

Anonymous said...

Good post.